Arizona is the underdog story, but my only reason to cheer for the them is their Defensive Line coach, Ron Aiken. Aiken was the Iowa Defensive Line coach from 1999 - 2006 and left to join Wisenhunt's staff, a coach he worked with at Vanderbilt.
I was tired of the Kurt Warner story after he led the St. Louis Rams to the NFL title in 2000 and now it has been brought up again.
My prediction--Pittsburgh 24 - Arizona 16.
- It is very unfortunate to see the natural turf of Kinnick Stadium be replaced by the fake stuff. As a fan of venues such as Wrigley Field and Lambeau Field, Kinnick was another stadium that was an arena for how the game is meant to be played.
- Hopefully Ed Podolak will return to the Iowa Football broadcast booth. I'm happiest for Gary Dolphin. Dolph lost a good friend at the conclusion of the '08 regular season, producer Pat Mormann to a car accident. It will be tough enough on Gary as he prepares for the '09 season, losing Ed would be a tough adjustment for the Iowa broadcaster.
- Saturday Night Live is really bad.
- Topic of conversation on local radio is "Who is the biggest Cedar Rapids Star? Kurt Warner or Zach Johnson?" I'll take Zach Johnson, however either answer has merit. Post your pick in the comment section.
- Saw "Hotel for Dogs." Better than I thought.
- Warren Sapp...underrated.
- Enjoy the game.