Monday, August 24, 2009

Sittin in the Principal's Office

It has happened. #4 is now playing with the Vikings. Packer fans moved on a year ago and many should be happy with the quarterback in place. With #4 in Minneapolis and Cutler in Chicago I still believe the best QB in the division is in Green Bay. I hope Rodgers proves me right.

Congratulations to the young men of Urbandale, Iowa for proudly representing the state.

Took in a movie in Cedar Rapids. In Iowa City, both movie theaters are owned by the same company leaving little difference in pricing and food. But at the Wynnsong 12 on the city's west side was a good change. Popcorn tasted better and pricing, while still considerably high, was better than what we are accustomed to in Iowa City. But I didn't need over 25 minutes of previews before watching the 2 1/2 hour Inglorious Basterds. Dinner at the Irish Democrat afterwards was good although I'm not Irish, nor a Democrat. My wife did feel at home.

Classes are underway at Iowa and a few observations. 1) this was the first time I've seen a skateboarder and cyclist run into each on the sidewalk. The cyclist won. 2) I've never seen adults fight over who would push the "walk" button on the signal light. 3) A few young female coeds were dressing to make friends quickly with young male students.

First college football prediction of the new year: Nevada over Notre Dame at South Bend in the first week. If I'm right, you heard it here first. If I'm wrong...oh, well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for providing that link for #4. I think I'll go vomit now...