Monday, August 18, 2008

Moving Day


On my run through the University of Iowa campus I noticed many moving in for the 2008-09 academic school year. A couple of observations.


  • It appears there is some sort of competition between those who live in the dorms and the Greek system. I saw t-shirts signifying life in the residence halls as well as those that promoted "Be Greek." Let the competition begin.

  • To the very athletic young lady who was outpacing me on the run--my goal is to stay up with you.

  • Mr. and Mrs Claypool, the lawyer and his wife who figures out my taxes every year--yes, that was me who ran by you and said "hello."

  • Young ladies who were seen walking around with your "toolish" boyfriends--you can do better. But if you are stuck up and snobbish, stick with these "tools." You deserve them.

  • Thank you to all who came a week early, not only to enter the Greek system or claim your space in your dorm room, but to get a feel of the town. Here are a couple of tips. 1. Pedestrians have the right of way. 2. There is no stop sign at the west end of Market Street by the Union. 3.Parents and future students--you can not save parking spaces by standing in them until someone pulls the car around. My dad tried to do this when I was a freshman, and it doesn't work.

Classes begin Tuesday, August 26.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha I appreciated those observations Matt!