Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July - Alliant Energy 8K

For the 24th straight year Alliant Energy has sponsored the Cedar Rapids 5K/8K. After a year in which the floods delayed the race until Labor Day, it returned to the Fourth of July on a cool and rainy day.

This was the third year I have raced in the event. My personal best time was 39:22 in 2006. Unofficially my time was at 39:51 (update: Official Time 39:47) this year, I was very satisfied with my performance.

Here I approach the finish line on 2nd Avenue. A light drizzle fell on participants throughout the day.

Colin and Mom waited patiently for the 8K to conclude as well as waiting for the Kids Fun Run.

Colin sprints away from Daddy.

Colin shows off his medal for participating in the event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew and Colin sporting the swoosh! Nice work, fellas. Way to have fun in the rain. -td7.