Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Look at Network TV


One of the advantages of my job is the seat I have for every Hawkeye Football game. Not only do I videotape from the top of Kinnick Stadium, but I also have the opportunity to look in on Gary Dolphin and Ed Podolak broadcast over the Hawkeye Radio Network as well as any of the network television announcers. Today's game with Iowa State was broadcast on the Big Ten Network with Thom Brennaman and Charles Davis to a national television audience. On Friday I had the opportunity to meet the talent when they visited the Jacobson Athletic Complex to watch video and interview Iowa's head coach and coordinators. Thom and Charles were willing to talk and discuss all aspects of college football The attached picture shows these guys in their booth within the pressbox, adjacent to our shooting location.

No comments: