Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sittin' in the Principal's Office

I'm trying to come up with a name to title my random thoughts and events that I report on. "Sittin' in the Principal's Office" best describes my time growing up in New Sharon. My dad, the High School Principal would have me wait there until his day was done and I'd go home with him. During this time I'd sit and do many numerous things, but nothing consistent. That would best describe the thoughts used under this title. Once again, if anyone has a better heading, please place it in the comment section.

  1. I've had a nice run each day this week. On Monday, the video guy I am outran two Division I football players turned coaches on a jog through campus. I wasn't going to let either Phil Parker or Rick Kaczenski beat me. My age falls in between these two former players. While on my run Tuesday I ran past former Hawkeye great, Ronnie Harmon. It has been over twenty years since his playing days, and it showed. This generation of Hawkeye students had no idea who was walking among them. Finally on today's run I saw a Chicago Cub shirt I had not seen before. "Fukodome...That What She Said."


  2. Is anyone else sick and tired of seeing the GEICO Cavemen? Your fifteen minutes of fame is over.


  3. Thoughts on the Cubs post-season pitching rotation? I say start the five-game series with Ryan Dempster at home. His record in the friendly confines is as close to perfect as any other consistent Cub starter over the years. Pitch Harden in game two, Big Z in game three on the road. Either Big Z can get a critical road win or perhaps put an end to the series that night. Of course, Ted Lilly can pitch game four if necessary. I don't want to sound as I'm taking anything for granted, but this is a very good Cubs baseball team.


  4. The City of Chicago wants to cut beer sales at neighborhood bars surrounding both the Cell and Wrigley Field following the seventh inning of play-off games, just as they do within each Stadium. We know where this is directed to. Mayor Daly, a ChiSox fan is not a fan of the Tribune Company and those under its umbrella, has shown instances in the past where he'll do anything to take a jab at the Cubs. (see falling cement chucks at Wrigley Field a few years ago). People will drink whether they get their beer from the organized local bars, or outside of them at the nearby 7-11 and drink in the streets since there is no business available to them.


  5. The attached picture is of my son at the Williamsburg, Iowa Tot Trot on the 4th of July. This is the best picture I can find of the family running in local 5Ks or 10Ks. This ties into our earlier post ragarding my runs through a most-beautiful campus.


  6. I've added an option on the right-hand pane to sign up as a follower of this blogsite. I encourage all to do so. I know many read this blog and numbers increase daily. Let your voice be heard by signing up as well as posting. But, please remember, keep it clean!

Later, ME

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love the Cubs Shirt. What do you think of the Brewers chances to get into the playoffs?

Engy said...

After last night's Cubs game, the Mets have to be very down. The Marlins want to knock them out of the playoffs. I think the Brew Crew has a good chance to make the playoffs.