Monday, September 29, 2008

Night Out on the Town

A week ago we celebrated a restaurant chain started by one of Chicago's famous broadcasting personalities. Tonight we'll go to the baseball rival of this franchise in St. Louis and the fine dining restaurant named Mike Shannon's Steak and Seafood.

The picture shown here is of the current spot located just outside of Busch Stadium. My wife and I were able to eat at the former location two blocks further away from the stadium, but the spot to be nonetheless. This current location has been here since the opening of the new stadium and recently the St. Louis I-Club held their annual function here this past May. An opportunity that allowed me to see the new place.

Just as the name suggests, steaks and seafood are the specialty. Quite honestly, I think this was the best steak I have ever had. Shannon's has been awarded many honors for their fine cuts of steak and various selection of seafood. While it may be a little pricey, you will definitley be rewarded with a great meal.

Shannon's overlooks Busch Stadium and has an outdoor beer garden with televisions all around and grills serving up ballpark fare. The night we were there for the I-Club outing, we were able to convince the staff to turn their TVs onto the Chicago Cubs game. However they did not subscribe to MLB's Direct TV package.

No comments: